You may have noticed I've been a bit obsessed with Tilly and the Buttons patterns lately... What can I say? It's just nice to make something with really straightforward instructions once in a while. Especially as for the last month or so I've been working on a Simplicity 1960s cape (which is almost done- hooray!),… Continue reading ‘Cleo’ dungaree dress (and what to do if your dungaree buttons go wrong)
The Coco pattern is for a super simple stretch dress or top. I made the dress version, and used the contrast yoke pattern hack from this blog post. Here's how it turned out: Coco is one of the fastest patterns I've ever made. It has a really clever construction; the sleeve and side seams are… Continue reading Pattern Review- ‘Coco’ by Tilly and the Buttons
If you follow me on Instagram you may know that I found a stash of vintage patterns in my attic, and this was one of them. I'd never used a vintage pattern before this one, so I struggled a bit... Firstly, the pattern is two sizes too big for me; something I didn't realise when… Continue reading My first time using a vintage pattern (sort of)!
Lately I've been really getting into 1940s fashion, but most of the reproduction patterns from that era seem way too hard for a beginner like me. Enter the Doris dress; although not obviously '40s, with the right fabric and button choices I think it could have quite a vintage look. Also, it looked pretty straightforward,… Continue reading Pattern review- Sew Over It ‘Doris’ dress
In case you don't know, the make nine challenge involves picking out nine patterns that you pledge to make over the coming year. Here's a look at what I'll be making: 1.Tilly and the Buttons 'Coco' dress I've had the Coco pattern for ages, but I'm still searching for the perfect striped ponte di roma!… Continue reading My picks for the 2019 #makenine challenge
Lilou is the final pattern in the book Love At First Stitch, which I've been working through for a couple of months now. The projects get harder as the book progresses so this is the most challenging one, mostly because it's lined (eek!). For the lining I used a cotton lawn, and for the outside I chose a… Continue reading ‘Lilou’ dress (Tilly and the Buttons)
For a while I've been looking for a easy project to introduce me to the wide and scary world of commercial patterns. I thought this was a good choice; it doesn't include anything super fiddly, and isn't too fitted. In the end I actually found several ways to make it even easier. When I toiled… Continue reading One Pattern, Two Very Different Dresses! (Simplicity 8413)